Stay Up to Date - Re-Opening Updates for NY & Massachusetts
Businesses in each region continue to re-open in phases and there is a tool on the NY Forward website to search by business type if needed.
Phase 2: Regions: Capital Region, Central NY, Finger Lakes, Mohawk Valley, North Country, Southern Tier and Western NY entered Phase 2 of reopening this week.
Phase 2: Industry Areas: In-Store Retail & Outdoor Eating spaces were also included
A new tool is available on the NY Forward website to look up your business:
Massachusetts ADDS GOLF TO PHASE II RE-OPENING PLAN -
Announcement Expected Tomorrow 6/6 from Governor
The Governor's Administration has provided advanced notice that the golf industry has been included in the formal Phase II Re-Opening plan. The updated guidelines pertaining to golf will go into effect once Phase II begins, a date that is yet to be determined by the Governor's Administration but is anticipated to be June 8th or at minimum an announcement on June 8th. Please read the full guidelines below.
"These workplace safety standards for Golf Facilities are posted in advance to the Governor’s initiation of Phase 2 to allow operators of golf courses time to prepare for reopening in compliance with these mandatory standards. Golf courses have operated in a limited fashion since May 7, 2020. Golf Facilities may not expand their operations until specifically authorized to do so in Phase 2 of the Commonwealth’s Workplace Re-Opening Plan. The Governor will initiate Phase 2 of the Re-Opening Plan by formal Executive Order and only following a careful review of public health data."
UPDATED GUIDELINES FOR GOLF INDUSTRY IN MASSACHUSETTS (as of 6/3/20)
Updated Guidance for Golf from the Recreation & Outdoor Business's Update on Mass.gov :
- Require at least 12 minutes between group tee times
- Driving Ranges and Practice Areas
- Use of driving range, putting green and other practice facilities must follow social distancing protocols and must require use of masks or face coverings
- Modify driving range hitting areas to ensure a minimum 6-feet of separation between players
- Hole liners must be raised or otherwise adjusted so that players do not reach into the hole to retrieve a ball
- Pro shops: must follow sector-specific standards for retail stores (click here)
- Restaurants: follow Phase 2 sector-specific standards (click here)