PGA Reach NENY has established two (2) scholarships of $2,000 each to high school graduating seniors in the memory of Doug Evans. These funds will be paid directly to the academic institution on the students behalf.
– Must be a current NENY Junior Tour member
– Must have graduated High School during the spring of current scholarship year
– Must have been a member of NENY Junior Tour for 2+ years (current year can be included)
– Must be enrolled/attend an Education Institution in the fall of scholarship year
– Must have an outstanding personal character, sportsmanship, and leadership qualities
One grant will be intended to be awarded annually, dependent upon grant submissions and grant amount can range from $1,500-$2,500.
- Be at least 13 years of age and not have graduated high school
- Be a resident of Northeastern New York Section (live within the geographical boundaries of the section)
- Has not received a college scholarship
- Completed all sections of the application
- Provide performance record to include results and scoring details
- Provide a tentative current schedule for this upcoming year
The NENY Junior Player Grant will cover (for one season):
- Membership Fee
- $400 in Tournament Entry Fees for that current season
Eligibility for Application (one of the following):
- Receiving free and/or reduced lunches
- Had financial hardship (Healthcare, tuition, elderly care, job loss to due Covid-19, ext.)
An application may be submitted by a person/facility/organization. All programs eligible for grants must already be in existence and have operated or a minimum of one year to be eligible for a grant.
Typical Grant Amounts can range from $500-$1,000 capped at approximately $2,500 and funding can be used for purchase of equipment in the program; instructor and staffing needs, golf/green fees, etc.
For questions about junior programs, use the following contact information for Zach Follos.
Call Zach: 518-932-2848
Email Zach: firstname.lastname@example.org