The rapid spread and still-unknown threat of the Coronavirus and COVID-19 find us in the middle of uncertain and extraordinary times. Having considered all the available information and in following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and local/state health department officials, the Section is electing to act with an abundance of caution with three main goals driving our decisions:
- Caring for the health of our professionals, their staff and members
- Preventing the virus from infiltrating our facilities and gatherings
- Contributing to public health efforts to stem the spread of this virus throughout our golf and civic communities
In our view, these extraordinary circumstances call for extraordinary actions. Across the country announcements are being made of closures, cancellations, postponements, and other disruptions to plans and life. Each of these disruptions are bound to cause an array of frustrations, inconveniences and sacrifices, all in the name of helping to curb this public health crisis. We are fully aware that the Section's own changes will have similar effects on our professionals and their families; we ask for your patience and understanding as we venture through this together.
NENY PGA Section Schedules/Activities
* Currently - the Section's Spring Membership Meeting that was set for March 23rd has been postponed to April 27th. See announcement HERE.
* The Section is currently running a Winter Kids Play League at Top Indoor Golf and the session had a scheduled week off next week followed by 2 remaining weeks left in the program. No changes to the remainder of the session have been made yet and the Section will monitor closely what local public school district decisions and policies and keep our juniors and parents closely informed.
* There are no other scheduled section events/activities until April 16th for our Assisant's Spring Meeting so at this time, no changes will be made to events and the section leadership will continue to monitor the ever-evolving situation and make any changes on a daily/weekly basis.
* The Section's Team Staff will begin working remotely on Monday, March 16th. All operations and services will continue as normal, and we will maintain consistent levels of service. Please stay tuned.
On behalf of your Section Officers, Mike, Rich, Marc and Ron